“Always keep your eyes open, never go to sleep in the car or anything like that. Keep watching because whatever you see out the window or wherever it can inspire you.”
Grace Coddington, Creative Director, VOGUE US

Monday, April 15, 2013

It takes a Woman!

Good Morning Everyone! This past few days, I always woke up so early and I always play the song "It Takes a Man and a Woman" by Sarah Geronimo. Speaking of It Takes a Man and a Woman, That is the first movie watched in cinema twice. Anyways, Going back, The song title gave me an idea of the subject of my blog today.

Does it really takes a man and a woman?

In my own opinion, Yes! my example is very simple.

Vogue's Anna Wintour have Andre Leon Talley
Elle's Roberta Myers have  Joe Zee


Preview's Pauline Juan have Vince Uy
Metro's Michealle Torres have Patrick Ty
Mega's Sari Yap have Suki Salvador

But I am blogging about the vice versa, A Guy EIC of Men's Fashion Magazine with Lady Fashion Associate. It may not be similar to those people above. because the guys are the Creative Directors or Editor-at-large. (It maybe Senseless to anyone or it doesn't have connection at all.)

Who am I talking about?



They are Rey Ilagan and Edlene Cabral of Garage Magazine.


Edlene Cabral, Fashion Associate of Garage Magazine.
This blogpost is all about the her and her works.

The famous female fashion editors in the country are Liz Uy, Daryl Chang, LA Ferriols, Mela De Luna etc. But, they are all into womens' style. Edlene Cabral or Eds, is the only female fashion editor in a Men's Fashion Magazine in the country (as far as I know) and the Best! She is the greatest stylist for me. I personally love how she style the editorial shoots she had in the magazine. I blogged her in my Favorite Local Editors Post. She is really super nice. From all the stories I heard, They said that she is nice. I admire her so much for giving the buyers of the magazine great styling for men that can be easily copy by the guys as their look. Plus Her Own Style, So Admirable! Love her Emmanuelle Alt-ish Peg.


I Love Her and Her Works so much! That's why I created this post.

To give her Recognition to all her Great Job!  

Congrats to every cover of Garage! You are Simply the Best!


(Photo Credit to its Respective owners)
Love,

JM Ching

No comments:

Post a Comment